Chesapeake’s goal is to provide solutions that are specifically tailored to your business requirements and strategy. But those solutions extend beyond state-of-the-art software. They incorporate expert implementation services to deliver a system that suits your exact needs. The expertise we have gained from successful implementations in a host of industries provides insight into best implementation practices. This allows us to help you avoid process, installation, and operational missteps that often plague new system projects. From initial planning through final user training, Chesapeake experts support every phase of your implementation process.
Support Every Step of the Way
We begin by assigning an implementation specialist who will coordinate with your project team for implementation planning, product installation, and end-user training. An expert in the Chesapeake product you’ve chosen and the financial process you are automating, our specialist serves as the focal point for the project and is your contact for all questions, whether technical or procedural. He or she solicits other Chesapeake expertise as required and works with you every step of the way as your new system is brought to life.
First, we define your unique requirements. We work with your project team to understand your business processes and share the experience we have gained with regard to best practices in your industry. Then we define and document your particular requirements to serve as the foundation for carefully crafting a system that precisely suits your needs.
Next, we develop a detailed project plan. This detailed project plan, which includes specific roles and responsibilities, ensures that each requirement is effectively addressed. Jointly, we define components like your accounts, match rules, import and export definitions, and reports to automate your processes most efficiently. In addition, working with our consultants, your staff will acquire detailed information that will allow them to maintain the system and realize its full benefits.
Then, we build, test, and install the system we’ve tailored for you. Chesapeake builds your client database at our offices, defining your accounts, assigning business rules, and tailoring reports. When the resulting software has been thoroughly tested, our technical experts install it in your environment and perform on-site retesting and verification to ensure it continues to provide the correct results.
Finally, we train your staff to use your new system to its best advantage.
We conduct on-site training at your location, using your data, to equip your staff with the knowledge it needs to minimize the transition to the new process.
In addition to on-site training, Chesapeake also offers:
- End-user training classes, held either at your site or in our offices, at a time of your choosing. During classes, which are customized to address your unique needs, we discuss and practice the most commonly used procedures and answer frequently asked questions.
- 'Train the trainer' sessions that are designed to prepare a member of your staff to train other employees in the use of your Chesapeake product.
- Monthly Online Training, which presents product features and functionality in a forum that fits easily into an employee’s ongoing work. The task-oriented training is followed by question and answer forums. Online training sessions are ideal to get new employees up to speed quickly, or to enhance an experienced user’s skill.
- Annual User Conference training classes, which allow your staff to combine training with informative sessions and valuable networking time with other users and Chesapeake staff.
We also offer Web-based SmartSupport through the exclusive "Clients Only" area on the Chesapeake Web site. Here you can complement telephone and e-mail support with:
- Technical bulletins that update you on product enhancements
- Resolutions to common issues
- User Conference details and agenda
- Monthly Online Training topics and schedules